Windows Build Instructions
This page contains instructions on how to get Psi (version<=0.10) built on Windows platforms.
- If You intend to compile Psi versions after 0.10 (>=0.11), please consult Build Instructions for Qt4 page.
- You cannot use the freely downloadable Microsoft .NET Framework SDK to compile Psi.
- We will assume you are using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 or higher to build. You may use Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003, which is free. (No longer exists?)
 Downloading & Installing Qt
Psi requires Qt-3.x (where x >= 1) to compile. You can use one of the following Qt3 editions:
- Qt3/Eval which unfortunately expires after 30 days (and programs compiled using it will stop working)
- one of Qt3/Commercial editions.
You cannot use Qt4 to compile Psi version <= 0.10. Qt4 is completely incompatible with Qt3.
 Downloading & Building QCA
- Download QCA 1.0 here, and unpack it in C:\Programs. Rename the qca-1.0 dir to qca
- People using Microsoft Visual Studio .NET should apply this patch
- From the qca dir, build QCA as follows:
 Building Psi
- Get the sources (sourceforge.net) and put them in C:\Programs\Psi.
- You can edit conf_win32.pri to indicate where QCA is installed, but the defaults should be correct. Note that these paths are relative to the src/ dir of the Psi source code.
/!\ This only works with the current development version of Psi. In previous versions, the build parameters concerning QCA are located inside src/src.pro. Make sure they look like QCA_PATH = ../../qca INCLUDEPATH += $$QCA_PATH/src LIBS += $$QCA_PATH/qca.lib
- Build Psi
 Packaging Psi (Optional)
You can make a distributable package by running makewin from the Psi source dir. This will create a directory called psiwin, which you can zip and distribute.
 Building the QCA TLS plugin (optional)
- Download the OpenSSL binaries and development files here. Install them in C:\Programs\openssl
- Download the QCA 1.0 TLS plugin here and unpack it in C:\Programs. It should create a dir qca-tls-1.0.
- In the qca-tls dir, edit qca-tls.pro, and modify the INCLUDEPATH and LIBS variable to look like this:
INCLUDEPATH += c:\Programs\openssl\include LIBS += c:\Programs\openssl\lib\libssl.lib c:\Programs\openssl\lib\libcrypto.lib
- Build the plugin as follows:
- Finally, put the plugins and libraries in the right place. The qca-tls.dll plugin from QCA should be put in a dir called crypto in your Psi package. The plugin depends on libssl32.dll and libeay.dll from OpenSSL (which can be found in C:\Programs\openssl\bin). Copy these files to the toplevel dir of your Psi package (together with Psi.exe)
Here are some links to threads in our Forums, covering some of the problems that can be met while compiling Psi: